Taking a trip to the "Land of a lotta Water"

48Dodger

I'll be cruising through Minnesota around the weekend of September 14th.

Hope I can see some of you guys out that way....those I've met before and some new faces.

I'll post more info as it becomes available. :D

48D 

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1

Plan so far.......

9/11.......hitting the road : 30 hours to Oak Grove.

9/12.......still on the road

9/13.......show up 

9/14........visit

9/15........visit some more, leave late afternoon or early 9/16

Gonna try and get Jeremiah on the phone and get his take on the drive.....he's done the route a few times.

48D

Edited by 48Dodger

way cool! hey if you make it to Ed's,  can you replant the grass where I was parked and dripping oil for three days? :D

No no, grass (as in lawn)NOT “weed”. LOL

and grab yourself some  Hostas While your there they are plentiful and FREE! ?

Edited by Brent B3B
Photo removed
  • Like 2

Being a 20 plus year graveyard worker, I'll be leaving @4 pm and driving 10-12 hours the first leg of the trip.

By the time I get to Minnesota, I should be on a daytime schedule. 

If anyone wants to share their experience driving across country, I'm listening.

My route will be starting from the Greater Bay Area. north to Billings Montana, Fargo ND, and into Minneapolis area.

When I head back, I'll take a more southern route through Rapid City SD and Sal Lake, City Utah.

I love driving. Looking forward to the trip.

48D

Hi 48D,

When I moved to Vermont from Minnesota back in 1997 I drove my '38 Dodge Brothers pickup (all original). I drove North to Canada and crossed above the Great Lakes.  The Trans Canada highway in those parts was almost all 2 lane, and of course, very rural. It was a wonderful trip.

Pete

Hey Pete, Thanks for the story.

In 1985 I rode my bicycle 3500 miles across the country...Bay Area to Boston.

I plan on stopping by a few places I rode thru on the way home from Minnesota.

Nothing like taking a long road home and not being in to big of a hurry.

48D

*Driving my 2012 Ram this time.

FB_IMG_1486774478040.jpg

Who's the skinny guy in the picture you were taking?  ?

DJ

It seems to me that as you grew it was to house your love of people!!  ?

Wish you nothing but the best!

Have a great trip to the land of mosquitoes , I hear.

Never been. Sure it must be nice at least in summer.

Being a Pisces, I love water so I I must really love it! ?

DJ

• Like 1

No problems my friend. ?

I'll post a bunch of pictures of the drive and get at least one good group picture at the fire pit

48D

On 8/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, 48Dodger said:

Plan so far.......

9/11.......hitting the road : 30 hours to Oak Grove.

9/12.......still on the road

9/13.......show up: Take Tim out to the local Burger Joint hang out, etc.

9/14........Get up early, drive to French Lake (maybe Windy Hill as well) back to my place around 4ish to prep for those stopping out for food and fire.

9/15........visit some more, leave late afternoon or early 9/16: Force Tim to stay till Monday AM so he can meet the wife (she' outa town this weekend), do what ever Timmy's little heart desires

Gonna try and get Jeremiah on the phone and get his take on the drive.....he's done the route a few times.

48D

What I have planned for the boy added above.

• Like 1

Looks like I’ll be gassing up the Ol’ Dodge for another road trip... Just returned from a 1000+ mile road trip to the WPC Meet and Woodward Dream Cruise. Another 600+ mile weekend is nothing... 

If it’s an evening shin-dig We’ll have plenty of time to make the 5 hour ride on Saturday. Just need to secure some lodging. 

• Like 2

Hi Timmy

If you can stop a few hours Short of Billings. I would recommend you stop in Livingston MT. Cool old railroad town. Stay at the iconic hotel Murray. Great brewery, great food there in town. Claw foot tubs and big old beds in the hotel. Train whisles in the night.... Romance! It's pricey, but worth the experience.

There's my 2 cents

✌️I hope you enjoy the trip.

Tom

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Looks like I’ll be gassing up the Ol’ Dodge for another road trip... Just returned from a 1000+ mile road trip to the WPC Meet and Woodward Dream Cruise. Another 600+ mile weekend is nothing... 

If it’s an evening shin-dig We’ll have plenty of time to make the 5 hour ride on Saturday. Just need to secure some lodging. 

I think the plan is a Saturday evening shin dig.  More than welcome to stay at my place if a futon works for you.

• Like 1

Guess I need to enter this here Livingston main street photo competition...lol

Hopefully its daylight when I get there....:D

48D

When I drive from Modesto or Elk Grove, I take 99 North to 80, East to Wells and then North on 93 to Twin Falls. East to Pocatello on 84 and North on 15. Jackpot,NV, probably has a good mid-week room  rate and you'll have your hours of driving in, or push on to Twin Falls. I take the most North exit at Dillon and turn left at the light, and I'm on 41 to Whitehall. Where you get on 90 East bound. Stop by, if you got the time, you still have 3 1/2 hours driving to get to Billings. Not counting the time it takes for your picture's of Livingston's Main street. 

Edited by 9 foot box
wrong hwy number
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...