1950 P20 assembly drawings or pics

overland48

Hello everyone,

Newbie here. My name is Robert and i'm looking for assembly info on the 1950 P20 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2 dr convertible. I started on this project 16 months ago and did not get pictures of the area in front of the radiator where the horns and support brackets attach to the core support before disassembly. My oversight. I would like to know if any has or might be able to supply me with pics or assembly drawings of this area. The head light and turn signal wiring junction blocks are located here as well. I have all parts ready for assembly and want to make sure I get the parts back in the right position. I have the manual which does have the wiring schematic but it does not show any pics or assembly drawings of this area. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. 

Thank you 

Robert

Robert, welcome aboard from Oz...........I have only ever seen "assembly manuals" for GM products such as 55-57 Chevs although I wouldn't be surprised if such things exist for mopars but have never seen them listed......the closest I've seen is the Parts Manuals and I ended up buying a repo version for the 1936 to 1942 Plymouth as at the time I had a 41 Plymouth Coupe and a 1940 Oz Dodge which is Plymouth based albeit with Dodge grille and badges etc.........the Parts Manual has a number of exploded diagrams which for the years it covers are helpful and maybe the 1950 or 1949 even Parts Manual might be useful.............dunno if this is any help.......again Welcome Aboard and pics...we love pics..........lol......Andy Douglas

Thanks for the input Andy. I have found a parts manual but it only lists part numbers with a description of the part, no pics or exploded views. I have figured out the way things go based on pics found on line. This car was purchased site unseen by the owners, big mistake on their part. I'll post pics of the work soon. Tried to upload a pic of the car but there is a size limit of 3 mg, can't do much with that. The pic I have of the car is 4.78 mg. I don't know how to get around that. 

Thanks again

Robert M.

If you have Microsoft Office 2010, you have Picture Manager, which allows you to resize photos.

If you don't have Office 2010, see this article for where to get the free download, and for instructions on how to install just this free part of Office 2010.  (You do not need to have any version of Office at all in order to use this program.)

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/23999/How-to-Install-Microsoft-Office-Picture-Manager-in-Office-2016-Office-365.html

The Master Parts Manual 1936 to 1942 lists all parts plus diagrams of all parts as well.......I also have a couple of Dodge and Plymouth Parts List books which are year specific, ie, 1940, 1941, etc, but do not have any pictures or diagrams, just the part numbers by numerical sequence and /or groups.........the 1936 to 1942 Master Parts Manual is laid out in a similar format but has diagrams of just about every part, screw, bolt and panel..........it is worth every penny I paid for it, it was listed on ebay a few years ago when I had the 41 Plymouth and was invaluable in confirming what things were wrong or missing on the so called restoration of the car.........so whilst I sold the car a few yrs ago(like a dope!) as my Oz 1940 Dodge Sedan is based on the 1940 Plymouth I kept the book and have still found it useful..........anyway I'd think that there must be a similar Parts manual available for the 1949-1952 series of cars.............and there IS!......lol......I just did a search on US Ebay under Parts & Accessories for "1950 Plymouth Parts Books" and there are a range of different books both original and reprinted copies ranging from $20 upwards , some straight parts books, some body sheetmetal books, all with pics etc.................andyd    

Edited by Andydodge

I'm sure owners of the car you have would be happy to take some pics of that area.  I combed over my collection of car pics and found a couple showing that area.  they are not very good pics, but it's a start.  The first pic is a 48 DeSoto and the one below it is from a 50 DeSoto.  

s-l1600c.jpg

1950-desoto-custom-deluxe-2-door-complete-12.jpg

Edited by MarcDeSoto

Hello Robert,

this is what my files have. My 51 P23 is in its garage- not here.

The Passenger Car Parts Book (see scan) covers P20-P23 and others.

The Service manual doesn´t show the assembly situation..

Anyhow, my twin horns are mounted to a bracket on the left side of the radiator Frame.

sory for the quality, this is copied off a greater foto and taken for other purposes.

Greetings from Düsseldorf!

Go

PassCarParts68.jpg.8b823e03f4eaacf7ff16a998aaff6267.jpg

405649584_PL_Motor-O-ZylKopf(2)KLKL.jpg.1bd22772cd5abb0760309b75d0571ef5.jpg

1513740305_AdditivHalter-3.jpg.e9c9cd89a65bf97fec69125738e5dbaf.jpg

Gentlemen, These pics help me immensely. I will be able to move forward with this help This Forum is a definite plus. I will pass this link on to the owner of this car. 

Thanks so much

One more thing , how do you upload your pics? With a max upload size of 3 mb my pics are to big to do so. I'd love to show you this car. Any advice will be appreciated.

Are you using a PC or Mac ?  If using a PC running Windows, downsize your photos in Paint.

If you wish a step-by-step instruction using Paint, message me.  I'll be happy to help you.