13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ, Clements , Ca

48Dodger

13th ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ

APRIL  4TH  2020

SATURDAY 9AM TIL WHENEVER

EARLY TOW-IN BEGINS NOW AND LATE TOW-OUT ENDED YESTERDAY

Show up Thursday or Friday and Camp-Out til Sunday or Monday, always need the Help!

"Lucky 13teen" :lol:

Its the best day ever! Old trucks and old friends! The car guys are part of the whole deal too, but man, I love the trucks!

Its the place where the largest number of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks meet in the whole WORLD !!! (at least no one's proven otherwise ..lol)  

The people I've met over the last 12 BBQ's has made my life so much better. This time of year is so awesome because finishing an old truck actually has meaning to the crowd you'll see here! Fenders and bumpers to hang on, hoods to lift, parts to swap, and stories to tell! I look forward to it all. Every year is special with returning long distant travelers and new ones that are finally able to make the trip! I always look forward to meeting you all! If you have an old frail beater truck that is weak on the road.....trailer it here early! I'll keep it here on the ranch til show day and you can pick it up when you can.....save your energy for the best weekend ever! ITS A BBQ, NOT A FOO FOO CAR SHOW!! *what is a "foo foo"?* If you have a "Real Bitchin" Shoebox, Shovelhead, Stovebolt, A-Bomb, Backhalf, Barn Find, Basket Case, Chopped Up, Belly Pan, Boat Tail, Nailhead, Pancaked, Resto Rod, ........well, Bring-It-On-Down, me and my friends got a few Dodge Trucks for you'all to see!!! I love Hot Rods and Muscle Cars too.....it is an awesome time to show off the hard work we all put into these old rigs and no need to fuss, Its all Good! ...no mini coopers please....:lol:, yea, go ahead and bring one, they're kinda cool.   

It really is my favorite time of the year. Happy 13teen guys.

"The car crowd is growing and more than welcome to come. I could easily call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!"

"I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and

leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit." 

"I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! "

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were

eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine!"

Tim aka 48Dodger

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 7

You’re getting in early Tim ?

I had hoped to be there in 2020, but life (or my soon to be ex-wife) threw me a curve ball ?

I’ll be in Canada early next year, but will certainly look at bringing my new life-partner to the 2021 BBQ. She’s just itching to drive my 53 truck when I get back on track again.

well wishes to all my BBQ buddies.

B4C10F68-DD9E-4A61-AB1E-E969B4915DE7.jpeg

• Like 3

Miss you Davin!  Glad to hear from you and hear you're doing so well.

WE'LL SEE YOU 2021 !!! 

You are a valued friend and hope everything continues to come up aces, brother!

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Desotodav said:

You’re getting in early Tim ?

I had hoped to be there in 2020, but life (or my soon to be ex-wife) threw me a curve ball ?

I’ll be in Canada early next year, but will certainly look at bringing my new life-partner to the 2021 BBQ. She’s just itching to drive my 53 truck when I get back on track again.

well wishes to all my BBQ buddies.

B4C10F68-DD9E-4A61-AB1E-E969B4915DE7.jpeg

My dad used to say “Be careful, don’t jump from the frying pan to the fire”

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Three months have passed since I posted the next BBQ.........

What could I have gotten done in 3 months??????

GET ON IT!!!!! GET IT RUNNIN'!!!!!   Miss you'all......?

48D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bump.....

sure looks like a great time! The anticipation is killing me ?

Edited by Brent B3B
Video removed
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Bump.....

sure looks like a great time! The anticipation is killing me ?

HOLY VINTAGE DODGER TRUCKS BATMAN!!! THAT was friggin AWESOME!!!

48D

• Thanks 2

I'm shooting for 2021, truck ready or not. This year is Alaska.  I'll work on the truck and getting wifey's approval though. I know she'll be ready when the truck is back up n running. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

I'm moving this spring but will still make it, although the drive will now be close to 250 miles! For my a$$'s sake, I might drive the big New Yorker, we'll see....

JT

more space or cheaper?  Must be a new job digging drainage ditches on ranches...

• Haha 1

Store the beast at my place John....I'll bring it down to you after words and hang out at your new digs for the weekend.

48D

better yet, store it at my place John.... Julie wants her truck back and I was just getting the hang of your 5th gear :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

I got a heated shed!  Close to family for ya!  And PREMIUM beer!

don't be fooled John, he just wants to use it to block FEFF from the sparks thrown from working on TODD!  then he wants to give you beer so you don't notice :lol:

• Haha 1