Cluster gear (countershaft) interchangability

Hemibear426

I need some help again. My 3-speed transmission is stamped D11. I need the cluster gear or countershaft. I see lots of them on Ebay but most are out of my price range. Is there any literature or website that would tell me the interchangability of these cluster gears. I believe I need a 661302 (1939) but would a 853885 (1940) work? My tooth count is 32-25-19-14. Thanks for any guidance you might have.

Mike Beyer

1940 to 1956  transmissions s will interchange as complete units   However, the gear ratios in 1940 are different from those that follow.

the 1935-39 cluster gear is different than the 1940 and above  so you will need the specific cluster gear for your tans.  I know this CG is not really found out in the swap meets but they are available.  I sent you a lisiting of the various catalogs that I have scanned as per your request.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com