Fed Up

Did you weld the hole closed??  ?

DJ

57 minutes ago, bambamshere said:

Holy Adams I will I am just at work right now. When I get home I will. Thought a quick thank you for every one would do till I had some time. 

thanks....but in all honesty, how was I to know you were at work.....?  Many of us are retired.....

7 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

thanks....but in all honesty, how was I to know you were at work.....?  Many of us are retired.....

I'd say SOME are retired....most here I know still are in the workforce.  :D

So to fix my problem that I had with my truck and running rough and it was also losing power in 3rd gear. I went through the fuel system first I took my old fuel pump off and installed this one. Fuel Pump Then I ran new fuel line. 5/16 Cooper Nickle from Amazon Fuel Line I also rebuilt the carburetor. Carburetor Rebuild Kit  not where I bought from but still the one. I had rebuilt it 2 years ago and was sure if it was gummed up or not. Actually I rebuilt it 4 times because I had to make sure the float was properly adjusted. I also when rebuilding it the first time forgot to clean the pump jet. I took it out and cleaned it. It was pretty gummed up. 

I then went and looked at the timing, plugs, plug wires and distributor LAY 4004C 1. I checked the pertronix ( or auto correct wanted to call it the Pepperoni) ignitor (Pertronix Ignitor in my truck ) and it was fine. I checked the wires and #3 was bad so I replaced it. I had botten new plug wires couple years back and they were for V8. The timing was off but I had been playing with it for a few months to see if I moved it left or right by a few degrees if the truck would idle any better. It did at first till I fixed every thing else. Now it is running at about 5 degrees advanced. Think book says +2. But it runs good there. 

But that is what I did to get my truck going. Off to see if anyone posted in my other post Buckets or Bench. What will fit and what to get them out of.

Anyways thanks to everyone that helped me get this truck running and driving. Much appreciated  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

was not thinking he could have been at work on the other man's dime posting to the forum....DON'T KICK THAT CAN..!!!!   ?

some people take smoke breaks or coffee breaks...I take Pilot House breaks.

• Like 2