Parts swapping

pflaming

Last spring I bought a VW. bug and a stash of parts for $80. And an EMPI Sportster frame for $80. Today I swapped . . .

VW parts update:  

Report. The EMPI SPORTSTER is a 1960/61 model, mfg in Fresno, 45 miles nort of me. As a frame only worth around $1000. I have $120 in it. If it had a dependable engine,, brakes, running lights, seats and a nice paint job, then $5500 up. I have all those items.

i have one partially assembled VW engine and parts to complete it and boxes of parts to build a second engine. The person I met today needs engines to rebuild, especially the older ones. So I traded him my two engines for one rebuilt ready to install.engine. That will be myengine for the EMPI.

He is also interested in my VW pan “frame”. So will likely sell that to him.  So did some nice trading up of my $80 investment in VW car and parts. Very lucky and fu n to do.

This hobby has and is taking me to people and places that are not in any tour guide and I can drive it whenever I wish to. 

Edited by pflaming

• 3 weeks later...

My new VW friend found the Block to be in excellent condition so no machining required. Then laid out all the new parts, cleaned up others and is assembling  the engine. He plans on starting the engine today. He is a young man and does excellent work, a great find. 

F83BC1CD-7DD3-440D-8585-9278A99FF814.jpeg

F95042EF-61D8-4381-BD2B-4239234E4F90.jpeg

Edited by pflaming
Added photos