Quick tech question

greg g

If any of you out there are members of the Plymouth Owners Club, have you ever contacted the Technical Advisor for your car or truck model year(s)?  If so was your enquiry answered?  Or if anyone here is a POC tech advisor, how many enquiries do you get in a month or year.

I am the tech advisor for 1950 with the Plymouth Owners' Club , my contact information is in the Plymouth Bulletin, the journal of the POC.

Since forums like this one  have become popular,  the volume of correspondence  to me as tech advisor has been greatly reduced.  I may answer about six inquiries per year

.  I have also contacted the advisor for another year   (1935 ) and received a prompt and courteous reply.   While I am pleased to answer questions, I am frustrated by inquiries from people who might have found the information they needed by consulting the glovebox manual or a shop manual.

28 minutes ago, dpollo said:

I am the tech advisor for 1950 with the Plymouth Owners' Club , my contact information is in the Plymouth Bulletin, the journal of the POC.

If you want to use this forum as a medium to share information about the 1950 please contact me at info@p15-d24.com I can set you up with a blog or club where you have control of the content. Might reach a larger audience.

I am the POC tech advisor for the 1933 models. I get maybe a half dozen questions per year. Mostly by email but some by phone. Since I have a website with the same email contact information it is sometimes hard for me to determine if the question came from a club member via the listing in the magazine or from general public via my website.

9 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

If you want to use this forum as a medium to share information about the 1950 please contact me at info@p15-d24.com I can set you up with a blog or club where you have control of the content. Might reach a larger audience.

since I am not that fond of sitting in front of a computer, I am content to let things stand as they are for now. I will keep it in mind though.

I am a long standing member of the Plymouth Owner's Club and have consulted several Technical Advisors with questions about Plymouth's other than my 2 "67 Furys and have always received very detailed informative answers. One such response was from dpollo after I asked about the difference between the "51 and "52 Plymouth's. He pointed out each feature in detail and I thank you again for that. Jim Benjaminson has also been very helpful with questions I have had.

John R

On 8/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, dpollo said:

since I am not that fond of sitting in front of a computer, I am content to let things stand as they are for now. I will keep it in mind though.

Dave,I see you have have held that position for years - I have a copy of The Plymouth Bulletin no. 183 from July-August 1990 featuring photos of the P.O.C. meet in Calgary, including a nice photo of you with your 1951 Cranbrook Conv. accepting an award. Nice of you to share your expertise...

It has been my pleasure to share what I have learned, sometimes through the school of hard knocks.  Calgary treated us well.  My traveling companion was Jim Blondell of Gold Bar Washington .  He died of a heart attack in January 91.  only 52 years old.     I subsequently bought his 50 Plymouth sedan.  I still have both the convertible.....since re restored and the sedan which is much the same as when I bought it.

Incidentally, Jim's parents were from Riley Alberta and later moved to Bellingham.  In retrospect, I wish we had gone to Riley for a look around.

Edited by dpollo
more info

Oh yes....Good ole Jim and Bobbie Blondell . He used to come to all the local Chrysler club meetings. That big gruff booming voice!

Neil and me and a couple other friends had cars painted by him....then on the Highway 2 trestle...his life ended too soon.

He was a great guy.

• Like 1

Thanks to you Dave and other POC advisors sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm, it has without a doubt helped to keep numerous old Plymouths on the road...Also nice to remember those who have shared our enthusiasm for the hobby.