Dodge b series 1/2 ton.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring up a bad memory. Good reminder, though, to have enough insurance, for anything. I had two precious "old" cars destroyed in hurricane Florence last year. Insurance covered about half the 'real' value. The sentimental value can never be recovered though. ?

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

??????  Insurance sure does cover loss of vehicles....what kind of coverage do you have?

If I remember the car itself was uninsured and the homeowners only covered the structure not the truck. 

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

??????  Insurance sure does cover loss of vehicles....what kind of coverage do you have?

For me, the home owners insurance covered the loss of the garage, which was about two thirds the cost of a replacement building; and the two cars were insured by two different companies, since one was an antique, the other a sort of daily driver. The antique was covered at an agreed value, but to replace it was three times the cost, which I did. The sort of daily driver was in perfect condition, and ultra low mileage, but the insurance company didn't care about that, and only gave 'book value', which didn't consider the car's condition, nor ultra low mileage, so, to replace it, I'll need to find a one year old vehicle, or just buy a brand new one, to get equivalent value. That hurricane cost me similar value lost w/my house and investment properties too. It was a disaster.