What is my pickup worth?

Big Easy;

That is a good point about Fluid drives. I think it all depends on planned usage. I have a 52 with FD and it did cause me extra work and some grief during the build. It took me quite a while to get comfortable with it. It does effect what all you can modify or revise because of the additional length etc. But a few years into using it daily here in fairly heavy traffic and I have to say I like it. I would like it more if it had synchro in 2nd......but it is a pretty comfortable driver. Also most of the trucks equipped with FD were Deluxe cabs and came with most of the options which is a plus.

Does it add to the value? ?......It surely does.....if you have the badges.!!!!!

Jeff

54 minutes ago, Big Easy said:

post-9014-0-18406200-1458927482_thumb.jpgI chimed in earlier on price ranges... but I've never heard or seen anyone address a 4 speed (granny) Fluid Drive... Fluid Drive worth more, worth less, or neutral (not taking into account the extra $600 the hood emblems will cost you because of the scumbags that hoard the emblems sell a set for $600... if you can't tell, I'm short one "fluid drive" script hood emblem if anyone has one laying around).

I have one but I'll need six fitty.  Just kidding.  Sorry ...bad joke.

4 hours ago, Todd B said:

I did have a flawless set that I gave a way a few years ago.  

Thanks Todd... that’s like having the hottest girl you ever had a crush on but were afraid to ever approach, tell you a few years later, after you’re unequivocally not allowed cause you’re all married up and stuff, that she use to “want you so bad” a few years ago.

In both instances, I could have lived without the “few years ago” reflections.

(Wow! Did I just really make that analogy for my hood emblem?!? That’s just not right!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

I have one but I'll need six fitty.  Just kidding.  Sorry ...bad joke.

You do realize that I said the scumbags are ransoming the emblems at $600 for a SET, right?? Man, you just took it to a whole other level!!!

Although, my favorite number is tree-fiddy, if you happen to find one in the bottom of your parts bucket. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Balazs said:

Big Easy;

That is a good point about Fluid drives. I think it all depends on planned usage. I have a 52 with FD and it did cause me extra work and some grief during the build. It took me quite a while to get comfortable with it. It does effect what all you can modify or revise because of the additional length etc. But a few years into using it daily here in fairly heavy traffic and I have to say I like it. I would like it more if it had synchro in 2nd......but it is a pretty comfortable driver. Also most of the trucks equipped with FD were Deluxe cabs and came with most of the options which is a plus.

Does it add to the value? ?......It surely does.....if you have the badges.!!!!!

Jeff

I love the fluid drive, I wouldn’t swap it for anything. If you feel like being all “farmer brown” and stuff, you can run her through the gears... but if your working on a burger and shake driving her around town, it sure comes in handy.

And synchro shmynchro... I feel very noble and at one with my late Granpa when I take ten seconds to double-clutch coax her into the next gear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Big Easy;

I can't remember the last time I put it into 1st......and I have a 3.55 rear end in it. Got to get it up to speed here......as quickly as it will get there.

I was missing a few things when I got my project. But the badges were there. At that time around 2012 they were selling for around $200 on ebay which I thought was high. Guess things have gotten extra silly. Hope you find one cheap.

Jeff

On 8/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, Big Easy said:

I love the fluid drive, I wouldn’t swap it for anything. If you feel like being all “farmer brown” and stuff, you can run her through the gears... but if your working on a burger and shake driving her around town, it sure comes in handy.

And synchro shmynchro... I feel very noble and at one with my late Granpa when I take ten seconds to double-clutch coax her into the next gear.

Taking 10 seconds to double clutch made me smile. I think I used to take that much time as well, the first couple of times I tried it. Now, I think I'm down to about 2 seconds, still too long, I know, but, I'm getting there. ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Taking 10 seconds to double clutch made me smile. I think I used to take that much time as well, the first couple of times I tried it. Now, I think I'm down to about 2 seconds, still too long, I know, but, I'm getting there. ?

2 seconds is about right. “Thousand One”, into neutral/clutch up, “Thousand two”, shift to next gear.