First Plymouth 1949 Special Deluxe

Tim Larson

The end of June I bought a 1949 Plymouth and it is a beautiful car. The brakes need some work and the engine died after driving a little while, but o don’t think anything major is wrong. 

The car is in wonderful shape for its age and is very original other than being converted to 12 volt.

I’ll try to add some photos. 

On 7/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, MackTheFinger said:

Very nice car!! The Merc looks pretty good, too!!

Thanks! The Merc is "ok" compared to the Plymouth - ha! It's an original '52 (other than engine rebuild in 2007)

Hello,

This car looks Great! The only thing I see is that the whitewalls need some cleaning.  I use that Wesleys Bleach White and then after they dry off I use a small brush to apply some Tire Black to make the tires look New!  Nicely detailed tires and wheels make the overall car look so much better. What does the engine look like? Show us some pics!

Have Fun !

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ernie Baily said:

Hello,

This car looks Great! The only thing I see is that the whitewalls need some cleaning.  I use that Wesleys Bleach White and then after they dry off I use a small brush to apply some Tire Black to make the tires look New!  Nicely detailed tires and wheels make the overall car look so much better. What does the engine look like? Show us some pics!

Have Fun !

The engine looks pretty good. I'll share some pictures of that when I get a chance.

very very nice original car. 

Except for the battery hold down?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kented said:

Ive relocated my battery to the trunk, let me know if you would like the tray and original hold down bracket. I might even still have the bolts. 

Would the battery hold down fit over a 12 volt battery? That is what is in the car. I'll probably change this at some point, but is not a big deal to me right now.

• 1 month later...