M6 with dual carbs

Doug&Deb

I’m not planning on doing this but has anyone ever run a split manifold on a M6 equipped car? Since the trans is carb dependent for shifting I’m not sure if it’s possible. Just one of those weird things that popped into my head. Any thoughts?

My 41 Chrysler with fluid drive has triple carbs ,one of which is connected to work the trans ,HOWEVER after much head scratching there is never enough vacuum to work the kick down ,so i have a small button to electrically operate that.Works fine and MUCH quicker!

As far as I understand, Vacamatic tramisions (vacuum operated) are called M4.

M6 is the hydraulic operated transmission ?

normanpitkin have you tried the optional double action fuel pump with vacuum booster? 

pump.jpg

Edited by chrysler1941

As I am reading these responses I am also scratching my head wondering, " Have none of these people ever heard of a vacuum canister ? " they work quite well in a hot rod with a hot cam but not enough vacuum to run power brakes.

So they should be more than powerful to activate an OD.

555-63010.jpg

Or, I have the ultimate low vacuum solution:  An alternator with attached vacuum pump.  It came from a Mitsubishi FE436 diesel truck.  Standard equipment in that application.  They use vacuum operated brake boosters but obviously none available from a diesel.