1950 Dodge B-2-B bell housing and transmission

Jay

I need some help finding a replacement bell housing and transmission for 218ci straight 6 flathead, engine code T172-35539.   Will a 1951-1955 Dodge 1/2 ton pick up bell housing & floor shifted transmission fit my engine?  Does anyone have one sitting around in the NC, SC, eastern GA?  Let me know if you have these items.  

Edited by Jay

Jay...welcome aboard...I would suggest you also post this on the Truck side of the forum...............regards, andyd

'51 - '53 bell housing should work just fine. '54 and '55 would be considerably different. Also watch the trans bolt pattern. Some are drilled for 4 speeds, some for 3 speeds, and if you're lucky you find one drilled for both. 3 speeds and 4 speeds have different mount bolt patterns.

Thank you both, I will move this to the truck forum.  Once I figure out which one it is.  Great to hear 51-53 may fit.  I will be pulling the motor out, it will be easier to see it all and get the right bell housing an transmission.  

the engine doesn't matter if its from a truck or car, they are basically they same except for the oil sump and pan.  Now the trans might be different.

• Like 1

Throttle linkage is different for trucks than cars, but can be change over either way.

youtube:

Estrada Motorsports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: Identification notes part 1

48D

Certainly is 'feasible' but, will it be practical?   

The engine is quite heavy and you will only have a single attachment point remaining at the front.

You will need 'something' to hang the engine from.