Syracuse Nationals 2019

RNR1957NYer

Well, I survived the 90 + degree heat last Saturday at the Syracuse Nationals.  I didn't spot any forum members, but saw a bunch of nice MoPars.  I'll start with some photos of nice, "stock" early cars on the Fairgrounds.IMG_8536.jpg.d5e71bdaa4478f98cfc3259450e10273.jpgIMG_8541.jpg.83e04b0a2019375d2b292c750b5cd63c.jpgIMG_8537.jpg.5bc839dd93d8255eeb2e3edd83b3dab4.jpgIMG_8547.jpg.5f9d1cbb204bd83557793f100562704f.jpgIMG_8550.jpg.fc0af8e2bbcc86a7a95eb19aff81b352.jpgIMG_8538.jpg.9480d8f0b283de7ac0e16bc118425e05.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg

The green 47 coupe belongs to a friend of mine.  He is a member of the two up/two down set as he has dual cards and dual exhaust.  Car also has overdrive. Runs out nicely and he drives it a lot.  The maroon DeSoto was owned for many years by one of the officers of the Oneida Lake Region AACA.  The p15 four door is owned by a younger fellow who got it on the road two or three years ago.  The "before" three window has been around for quite a few years owned by an older gentleman. The yellow convert is a California car which was restored and re-motored some years back. The four door conv usually resides in the auto museum in Norwich NY.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greg g said:

The green 47 coupe belongs to a friend of mine.  He is a member of the two up/two down set as he has dual cards and dual exhaust.  Car also has overdrive. Runs out nicely and he drives it a lot.  The maroon DeSoto was owned for many years by one of the officers of the Oneida Lake Region AACA.  The p15 four door is owned by a younger fellow who got it on the road two or three years ago.  The "before" three window has been around for quite a few years owned by an older gentleman. The yellow convert is a California car which was restored and re-motored some years back. The four door conv usually resides in the auto museum in Norwich NY.

Hey Greg, do you know what color the Green 47 is? It doesn't look like a stock color, but I like it.

You do nice work, fast!  I missed seeing your car: I was there Saturday AM.

There is a show in Auburn Saturday, 08/10.  We will be back visiting family - you going to that show?

4 minutes ago, greg g said:

Have been to the Auburn show for quite a few years. Tenative yes as of now.

We will be in Auburn (actually Owasco Lake) visiting my wife's family that week.  PM me your cell if you think you will be going and maybe we can meet up (I won't have a car in the show).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 9:32 PM, RNR1957NYer said:

We will be in Auburn (actually Owasco Lake) visiting my wife's family that week.  PM me your cell if you think you will be going and maybe we can meet up (I won't have a car in the show).

On 7/29/2019 at 9:25 PM, greg g said:

Have been to the Auburn show for quite a few years. Tenative yes as of now.

Hey Greg, saw your car (nice ride!!!) in Auburn Saturday, but it was unattended every time I walked by - perhaps our paths will cross some other time.

9 minutes ago, greg g said:

I did not attend as we had a nieces graduation party.  Which car did you see that you thought was mine?

I was trying to figure out the pics you attached and thought the one with the NY "ITS A 48"

plates was yours - that's the one I saw.

I didn't go this year. First time in many years I had not attended. Went to a friends wedding instead.. Took my MGB last year but it wasn't any different than being a spectator and kind of a pain in itself. The show needs a venue change to one with a track or it will eventually die. It hasn't been the same since the pre track demolition and events held on the track.