1950ish Dodge Panel van

I'm not really a car guy and probably not really gonna fix this thing up but need some help: Backstory - I bought a storage facility (not a unit, the whole facility), and found this is one of the units.  I've poked all over it, aired up the tires (the tubes still hold air(for a while)!!)and rolled it out into the sunshine for some pictures.  I can't find a "VIN" (too old) on it, just the number shown in the picture.  Basically, it's in decent shape, got a few "whiskey bumps" (as my grandfather would say!) on it, but in decent shape.  Numbers all seem to match, but I can't figure out what it is?  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, I'm thinking about power washing it a bit to see what it really looks like under the layers of dust, as long as I don't blast hard, is that a problem for being a "barn find"???

thanks in advance!

IMG_7624.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7291.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7623.jpg

• Like 4

Inside the driver's side door, on the A-pillar, there should be a ID tag with the model and Serial Number. (Not a VIN) But it appears to be a '51 or '52 B-3-B Panel truck. 

No records of who was renting the unit it was found in?

Edited by Merle Coggins

26 minutes ago, Jeff Balazs said:

If you are not going to restore it I don't think you should even clean it. You should not have any trouble selling it just the way it is. It is a very nice 52 by the looks of it. Very intact too. Move it along to someone who really wants one.

Jeff

Like he said. Panel vans are popular.

• Like 1

Don't power wash....air hose it off. The roof on the panels can suffer rot inside of the seams at the roof line. If you get through the metal it'll make a mess inside the panels etc.....if you plan to sell it or keep it...it's best to hold back on the water at first. There's a lot of good truck there....I'd keep it and have some fun.

48D

thanks for all the thoughts and comments! I'll dig around and find the actual model on the frame as mentioned.  thoughts on best place to attempt to sell something like this?  ebay? where do "barn finds" get sold like this?

no matter where you advertisement,  do the community a favor and RESPOND to those that inquire.....of late it seems local ads, craigslist and even fb marketplace...only 1 in 12 will reply to their ad when you inquire.  Classifieds here cost a nominal fee but you reaching a dedicated interest group...

14 hours ago, bvam_no1 said:

thanks for all the thoughts and comments! I'll dig around and find the actual model on the frame as mentioned.  thoughts on best place to attempt to sell something like this?  ebay? where do "barn finds" get sold like this?

Great looking panel truck. I wouldn't touch it before selling it. Leave just as it is. Its beautiful, in its own way. As to where to attempt to sell, why not start right here, on this site? Here, at least, you'll get  good feedback as to its charms and potential drawbacks. After trying here, try the usual places: Ebay, Craig's List, Facebook Marketplace, etc. ?