Just bought Kobalt 60 gal. AC. Need help.

MarcDeSoto

I've got my Kobalt AC set up and ready to turn on for the first time.  I'm going to break it in for 30 mins. under no load.  The booklet says to unscrew the drain valve, but makes no mention of the large open hole in the side called the tank outlet.  Do I put some pipe there with a shut off valve, before I do the 30 mins. motor break-in, or do I run it with the tank outlet hole totally open.  The booklet says nothing.  

I went ahead and put a shut off valve at the outlet, but I guess it doesn't matter and I could have run with the tank air outlet untouched since you are supposed to run it with no load whatever.  And I did find a guy on Youtube who was doing his break-in with the outlet completely open with nothing on it.  So I ran my AC with the shut-valve open and the drain valve open.