Master Tech filmstrips great resources!

MarcDeSoto

16 hours ago, MarcDeSoto said:

You can talk to the Imperial Club like I did, and they convinced me that if I sent my stuff they would quickly convert it and do a quick turn around to send it back.  They kept their word, so I would contact the president of the Imperial Club or someone at  MyMopar.com to see if they would do the work.  No sense in keeping all this rare stuff just for yourself.  

Thank you for that Information.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:17 PM, MarcDeSoto said:

Chrysler41,  Downloading the filmstrips is a good idea.  You never know when the Youtube copyright police will shut the filmstrip videos down.  I noticed at least one that was cut off on  MyMopar.com which is a youtube site for "violating Youtube's rules".  Here is the best place to go to view the filmstrips online.  

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=117

I have the gas mileage tool they use in this filmstrip, if anyone wants to buy it.  

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=392

Thanks for that link for watching those old film strips Marc.  I recently purchased a survivor 48 Chrysler Windsor.  I didn't even know about the videos until I started youtube searching.  Once I found them I've just been randomly watching the ones pertaining to my model years.   

That's a pretty cool tool for testing the gas mileage.  But it was puzzling that they would run the fuel lines under the hood like that.

Yeah, it is kind of a primitive method they used.  I've never used it myself.  I guess they run the car just to run out 1/10th of a gallon.  that would be driving just about 2 miles or so.  Yes, I hope Youtube keeps these filmstrips up and not ban them.  good luck with your 48 Windsor.  Great car!  My first car was a 1950 Windsor club coupe.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so I just ran across this. Having a 50 Plymouth would you suggest watching more than the 1950 videos?  If so what years apply to the mechanics on a 50?  I plan on watching these just want to narrow it down to what will apply to me and my new ride...

Thanks

Many of the films cover Mopar mechanical and body basics so I guess that I'm saying almost all the films can help when you are working on a particular part or car section.

DJ

• 1 month later...

My Great Grand Parents had a Victrola that was a pretty spectacular piece of furniture. I have it now and it survived because it was so nice. The only record that survived was a record for a film strip. We used to use it to demonstrate that the Victrola still worked. It's been a long time since I heard it but I think it was for around 1934 model year Dodge Sales. You started the record from the center and it played out to the edge at 33 1/3 rpm. The label says "Dodge Slide Film" "Smart as tomorrow" No. 16 - Part 1A (The flip side is 1B).

I am not a collector of random stuff (at least that is what I tell myself) The stuff I do accumulate has to fit together with what I feel is a treasure. One record is a fragment of a much bigger collection which I don't have, so it is just random stuff to me. If anyone can use this I'd be happy to donate it for the shipping cost....otherwise it goes back in the Victrola.

Thanks,

Loren

On 8/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, edrendek7777 said:

Hey so I just ran across this. Having a 50 Plymouth would you suggest watching more than the 1950 videos?  If so what years apply to the mechanics on a 50?  I plan on watching these just want to narrow it down to what will apply to me and my new ride...

Thanks

The old Mopars share many parts and design systems across many years. For example my own 1938 engine and brakes are close to the same as my 1953 engine and brakes.

If you have a 1950, I suggest you watch anything dated before then, and even dated after, that pertains to the topic you want to study.  If you have a certain repair job that you hope to complete some day, find the training about it. You may find a presentation from 1945, then another in 1953 that covers your topic. I suggest you watch them both. It really helps when you have the piece from your car that you can reference, or take apart, when studying. Sort of a learning aid. The lights come on and everything comes together nicely. You retain it, you get it.  For example someone gave me a Mopar 1953 NY'r M6 semi-auto tranny that was DOA. I watch some videos and took the tranny apart. Boy I learned a lot about how it works, is assembled and how to troubleshoot various systems and symptoms. 

Pick one topic and watch the videos. Don't attempt to watch too many in a short period of time. That's my advice.

Edited by keithb7