My thanks to DodgeB4ya and P15-D24!!!

I've been looking for a set of C-clamps for my 48 DeSoto bus. coupe for months now.  They don't come with a U-joint kit and they are not parts commonly carried by parts dealers, including Andy Bernbaum.  These are the little parts that without them, the car don't go!  Where I laid my C-clamps when I removed them some 35 years ago, I can't say.  Some people told me about junk yards with 1940s Chryslers and DeSotos, but I found that beyond taking your name and your wanted parts, they are not any help.  At least not for just some fasteners under a car.  The president of the DeSoto club said he had a 47 DeSoto parts car, but when he went out there to get the parts, he found that the car had no drive train.  So after advertising in several old car venues, DodgeB4ya, contacted me with the parts he had taken off of a 47 DeSoto coupe over 30 years ago.  Thankfully, he saved them and even cleaned off 70 years of grime before shipping them to me.  I got them today and gave them a quick spray job using Rustoleum Hammer Finish because I happened to have it handy.  I bought that spray can to refinish a Comfort Master heater which has that same hammer finish.  So thanks Rob!  Marc.

c-clamp.JPG

cclamp8.JPG

Edited by MarcDeSoto
  • Like 4