Roadside Art

Sam Buchanan

35 minutes ago, YukonJack said:

Did you bring it home?

Oh no....have enough projects. I assume this one was either not for sale or the asking price unrealistic......there is a reason those vehicles have taken root.

2 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

Is that strap holding the fender up or the hood down?  Or both?

good call…...But looking at the parting line on the hood I am guessing hood is off the hinges and thus strapped to keep it in position while they rip off a buyer,   eeer sell this vehicle.  Anyway, this is my take on the crime scene

• Haha 1

Maybe it's NOT FOR SALE and is just awaiting the day that it will be resurrected. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

Looks like "for sale" to me. Sign just fell down as the masking tape adhesive holding it up gave out from a week in the sun.

Replace the cowl trim piece, and the plastic in the hood ornament, and it's ready to roll. It's a "driver", not a "show" car.

Not everyday that you can find patina like that.

Strap will keep that hood from flying up at 90mph.

Contrary to Neil Diamond's opinion - money not only talks,it does indeed sing and dance. If seriously interested in buying, settle on a price what you would be willing to pay and be prepared to close the deal..?

Wow....post a cool photo of somebody's lawn decor....and watch the negative comments fly......tough crowd.    ?

I suspect the guy just enjoys seeing the old stuff every time he pulls into the lot, the place was overrun with antique archaeology. I'm going to give the feller the benefit of the doubt, hope he enjoys his treasures for as long as he wants.   :)

yard-art-2.jpg.0c204c0d46db1fe59f0b46afbecc9db6.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan

On 7/11/2019 at 5:07 PM, Sam Buchanan said:

Wow....post a cool photo of somebody's lawn decor....and watch the negative comments fly......tough crowd.    ?

I suspect the guy just enjoys seeing the old stuff every time he pulls into the lot, the place was overrun with antique archaeology. I'm going to give the feller the benefit of the doubt, hope he enjoys his treasures for as long as he wants.   :)

...........Amen!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, Sam Buchanan said:

I like a good junkyard as much if not better than the next man.....but yard art, good yard art, is kept trimmed with a weed eater...

Maybe these cars are meant to be yard art along with the garden gnomes and pink flamingos.  Looks like a nice 41 Ford there.  or they could be waiting for Mike and Frank to come by and say "were looking for rusty gold.  Where some people just see junk, we see the history of America.  41 Fords haven't been around for decades and even though it's a little sweaty, its antique patina still shines through.  Would $30,000 take it? 

7 minutes ago, MarcDeSoto said:

Maybe these cars are meant to be yard art along with the garden gnomes and pink flamingos.  Looks like a nice 41 Ford there.  or they could be waiting for Mike and Frank to come by and say "were looking for rusty gold.  Where some people just see junk, we see the history of America.  41 Fords haven't been around for decades and even though it's a little sweaty, its antique patina still shines through.  Would $30,000 take it? 

yes, I would consider hauling it all to the crusher for 30,000.00  you paying by check or paypal?

Edited by Plymouthy Adams