Head bolts replacement

overlord

I have been  researching head bolt replacements for  hours and made no progress. I have a 48 P-15 L type motor that I am replacing the  head  gasket on as soon as the machine  shop is finished with it. The old bolts are  just  that. Old and  pitted as well as  mismatched. I have purchased and returned two sets of bolts claiming to be correct and still no success. I don't see any one else having this problem. What am I missing.  The  bolts are 7/16-14 with a body length of 1.6875" + a thread length of 1.125 =2.8125. The  head  thickness is 1.9062 . All told installed the  threads are. 2187" longer than what is secured into the  block. I  can't  find any vendors. I can't believe I am the only one  to have  this problem.  Also, American  made Grade 8, hex  flange is preferred. I really need a hand with this quandary.  Please  help. 

the head bolts all go into the water jacket with exception of 2-4-6 along the manifold side of the head, these thread into the intake ports.  1-3-5-7 manifold side go into the water jacket but at a more shallow depth than middle 7 and drivers side edge of the head but still quite a depth that the ones listed above should be no problem.  There is also a probability that there may be some flashing from casting of the block below the threaded portion of the block that are the had bolt holes.  Once should also chase these threads.  Remember, use sealant on install....

I have the  Pioneer :PG-362-25 in my engine 15 years 45000 miles no issues. You should have three or four different style bolts with a larger head which are drilled and taped to accept bolts.  These are for accessory mounting and are pretty handy to have. Keep those.  I used mine fo anchor home made dual carb inkage. Mine were installed just as they came from the box.  There was a coating already on the threads so I just put them in regardless of whether they went into a water jacket or not. Also installed without washers.

• Thanks 1