Wheel change

It depends what you mean by regular bolts........normal hardware store bolts will be maybe grade 3............what you want are Hi tensile, fasteners........and by the time you stuff about getting them you will be better off getting proper wheel studs .........I have used various Ford studs, they are 1/2" right hand UNF threaded wheel studs..........the original mopar screw into the drum bolts are left and right hand thread 1/2 UNF, as a guide the studs to use have a 9/16th knurled shank    so you drill the mopar threads out with a 1/2" diameter drill then press the studs in from the back............what you need to do is measure the distance you want the studs to protrude out from the drum face, add the depth of the drum and hub thickness and the extra for the head of the stud......plus how thick the wheel is where the nuts fit.............total it all up and that should give you the overall length needed.....I mention using Ford studs simply because here in Oz, all local Frods use the 1/2" UNF size whereas local mopars, ie,  Valiants use a 7/16th UNF thread which is too small...........full size mopars use the 1/2" UNF size as far as I know so they may also have wheels studs that can be used..........I would NOT use ex wrecking yard studs nor would I use hardware store  or "you beaut bolts"............but your life.......lol............welcome aboard from Oz.........Andy Douglas.    

I bought my studs from a trailer parts place.  They happened to have the right length 1/2x20 studs in stock.  Measured the knurl and bought the correct drill size.  Used my press to put them in.  It can be done by pulling them in with the nut, but if one does that be sure to use stacked  washers and lube to ease the torque needed.