Oil Leak

So I have a oil leak in the front in front of the oil pan. What I have done to try and fix it. I have replaced oil pan gasket twice. I have taken the timing cover off and replaces the crank seal. I have replaced the motor mount plate gasket. That's the one behind the timing chain cover. There is not much more gaskets I can replace. 

It is coning out the front bottom of oil pan. It has done this ever since I got truck. I have inspected the oil pan both times I took it off. The gasket goes in to where is is supped to. I have cleaned the gasket off both times. I get there is a drip or 2. This will puddle about a table spoon after about 2 hrs. What am I doing wrong? I have checked and rechecked and can not figure out the problem. I have used gasket glue on just one side. I have used gasket glue on both side. Not sure I just want to drive the frikken thing going on 2 years trying to fix it.  

Edited by bambamshere

Are you sure it is coming from the gasket?  If so, I'll ask, when you installed the new pan gasket, did you trim the cork end piece or use the bolts to compress it into place?

If not there, when you replaced the crank seal, did you leave all the bolts loose until the crank pulley/dampener was installed?

Either of those will cause a leak if done incorrectly.

When I took the timing chain cover apart and such. I left the oil pan on the engine because the engine was lifted on the oil pan by way of a 6x4 piece of wood and my floor jack. The oil pan gasket was installed last year. I wanted to see if I took timing cover off if my fat fingers could fit some gasket glue where the leak was coming from and repair it. Didn't work. 

I blew out my back about 3 days ago putting my 354 Hemi into my truck but I went out there to try and get a couple pictures but with such little room between pan and where motor mount to it is almost impossible. This is all I got 

20190630_132414[1].jpg

Appears to be a crack in that metal part shown -oil is right there?

DJ

40 minutes ago, bambamshere said:

That is a picture of the oil pan. Where the oil pan sits against the crank shaft. Front of oil pan

I am not surprised you cannot evenly draw this up for a good seal with the bolts and gaskets supplied given the amount of distortion in the pan....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams