‘53 Plymouth coupe purchase

pflaming

Today I pub Bob Ridings shop. With Bob we did a more thorough look at the coupe. we discover a perfectly new set of points, condenser, etc in the distributor. So we checked the oil which was dark but not black, removed the plugs, all in good condition, put energy to the starter which worked, and did a compression check. 

Starting with #1 - 110  -  110. -  120  -  95  -  90. -  110. So at that point, pizza and wine showed and after that we moth balled it until after the Suburban is sold. 

FCF39C28-1F33-4D1C-939C-2BAAB12EB766.jpeg

Motor looks like it might be quite good. Those two cylinders in the 90's could well come up after the engine has been run a bit. Still nothing to really worry about. Sounds like you might have lucked out! Incidentally, even though I know you like patina, that coupe would look really nice painted two tone!

Patina is OK but paint really can improve things.

DSCN8315.JPG.aba1d30fdb262ac29b1c0c5d0480eb87.JPG

1365947233_Untitled9.jpg.2c7458cfe127993421308b9903eeda75.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

Robert, I fully agree on this one. The original color was “sea green”, I believe. So green bottom and white top.  Color similar to the convertible with the combination as in the second photo.  I plan on driving it to Maine for my summa ca out there. Take the two grandkids, early June, 12 day drive. Take it nice and easy, drive when cool, stop early each day. 3200 miles. 

4657B913-67FF-4E7D-A984-3236C5849133.jpeg

12E4478A-99F4-432D-B7A4-807BB44B4047.jpeg

Edited by pflaming

That would be a nice colour choice, although the convertible looks a very nice blue to me.

You could end up with a really nice car there! Lots of work ahead, but with a plan in mind, it makes it easier.

Edited by RobertKB