Gas Pedal Adjustments

Been looking through the forums and can’t quite find what I am looking for so I’ll post a new thread. Apologies if this has been covered.

Running into gas pedal issues on a 51 B3. The actual pedal works and fits fine, however the rod that goes through the firewall to the carb linkage seems too short. My foot basically touches floor in order to get 3/4 throttle.

it seems that the rod isn’t log enough or something is out of wack. I don’t see any adjustments on the linkage to help improve this.

anyone run into this issue?

Some models had a spring loaded linkage, some a solid. Try getting the horizontal linkage to the carb pivot as straight as possible, if that doesn't work, check the short vertical rod for length to fully applied throttle. You might have to straighten it a bit where it bends. Someone with a heavy foot could have bent the linkage. Disconnect the throttle return spring , put a brick on the gas pedal and check it out. The adjustment was by bending the linkage, it seems. The spring type horizontal rod prevented bending of the linkage with full throttle pressure.