39 Dodge finished thanks for all the help guys

garyp

Gary, 

Your 39 looks terrific, you must be really proud of her.  Couple of questions......  Did you wind up having the bumpers chromed, or are they polished steel, as was your original plan.  Either way, they look good.  Next, were your instruments in good shape, or is there a company making new numbers or doing restoration.  Mine are quite brittle, the numbers being printed on a celluloid material.  Hard to even handle them without the stuff falling to pieces.   Everything looks really good, interior, dash, even the maroon paint, which is close to the shade on  my 39, at least what paint is left.  Its great to see another 39 coupe brought back to life, and future work on my coupe will most certainly use your photos for reference.  Take it for a long cruise, and enjoy the results of your hard work.

brian b

• Like 1

Brian b the bumpers are polished steel not chrome it is one of the things I am most proud of on the car I came up with the idea and followed it to the end and they came out great. The gauges are original I just cleaned them up I was lucky. The paint is enamel is called Air Cruser Red and is an original color for the 39 Dodge .