Cooler/radiator Dodge

Kingsway51

Tim: the first question that anyone in the club or forum will ask you is do you have a copy of the parts catalog for your car and alsoa service manual for your car.  If you have the parts book then it will inform you of the correct Mopar radiator part number.  These are the two most important books to have in you collection to help maintain your car.  My current catalogs do not cover your car so I can not answer your question.

Rich Hartung

Timo.......I have had a similar situation as I live in Australia and parts books are VERY hard to find, if not impossible, workshop manuals to suit the Oz made mopars are available but are limited in what they tell you................I can't help re your question as everything I have is to suit the 1940 Dodge and or 1941 Plymouth although I do have various workshop manuals up till the 1960's but they are no use re actual part numbers......why are you asking re the pictured radiator....is it on ebay and you don't have a radiator for your car?...........anyway Welcome Aboard, hopefully these guys can help you with your car......regards, Andy Douglas 

Hello Andy, Why I´m asking is because this radiator is/was installed in my car but it´s leaking a lot. So I wounder if this is the correct model for my car since it dont fit perectally.

I can live with that, only need larger washers at the bolts. I can of course send it to a radiator shop for overhaul, but it would be nice to know if this comes from a different modelor year. Can anyone tell me what the manufactor label at the radiator is, little hard to understand the letters?

Regards Timo

According to this :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MoPar-1953-Desoto-Powermaster-Used-Radiator-Core-1494095-/361455039188

It is for a 53 Desoto.  And, I confirmed that by finding the number in my 53-63 Hollander book.

Edit to add:  the DPCD square if for brands Dodge Plymouth Chrysler Desoto.  The AC I think is for the radiator manufacturer, The Albert Champion Company. 

Edited by kencombs

I thought the 14 series numbers were higher than the 51/52 series so I took a look, after a search through the Mopar 1946-1954 master parts catalog....this is the only thing I could find with the base part 1494 095  it is listed for a 1953 DeSoto

RADIATOR CORE PART 
1-11-3 CORE,  High Capacity, S18 1494 095

9 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I thought the 14 series numbers were higher than the 51/52 series so I took a look, after a search through the Mopar 1946-1954 master parts catalog....this is the only thing I could find with the base part 1494 095  it is listed for a 1953 DeSoto

RADIATOR CORE PART 
1-11-3 CORE,  High Capacity, S18 1494 095

Same info in my old Hollander.

50net, I guess so. My car came to Sweden, in parts, in wooden boxes and was assembled in Stockholm. The name Kingsway was only used outside US I think. A low budget car even here in Sweden though it was a big compared to european cars. Often used as taxi.

Hello The Oil Sup.

Thanks for the information. Found that the CC52PLY radiator would be the best choice for my car. In the list it will fit the Cranebrook and that's more or less the same car as mine.

Best regars Timo