My 1950 DeSoto Sportsman Coupe

1949diablo

It's a 1950 DeSoto sportsman coupe there were only 4600 were made, it makes it the very first year of the official hardtop for Chrysler it has a 237 Flathead six with a fluid drive trans 

IMG_20180719_133243750_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180719_133243750_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180719_133142217_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181027_081819266.jpg

Edited by 1949diablo
Wrong pics
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Aboard from Oz.........I like the DeSoto.....don't think I've ever seen a pic of one, certainly never seen one in the flesh as all mopars post war were 4dr sedans based essentially on the Plymouth 4 dr body shell with variations of the Plymouth, Dodge or DeSoto grilles and body moldings etc and for a few years in the mid/late 50's some Utes and a few wagons.......hardtops just didn't arrive..........nice car..........andyd 

I love the first MoPar hardtops..I like your ride!

Very sharp Desoto ! Dad had a ‘50 when I was a kid, but wasn’t the hard top. 

This is it's big brother...a 1950 NewYorker Newport 8 cylinder hardtop...same body as the good looking DeSoto!

Convertible "X" member frame.... not sure if the DeSoto uses the convert "X" frame though...

C49 green Hdtp at Tualco (4).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Nice car.  I see a little period spiffing up with the lakes pipes and dummy teardrop spots.  Are the pipes connected?  Welcome to the forum.Back in the 70s I had a 51 DeSoto hardtop with the factory a/c unit in the trunk and clear plastic vent tubes in the package tray.

Edited by BobT-47P15