Quietride Rear cab cover kit

Has anyone installed Quietride"s Rear cab cover kit ( DODGE 4853-TRCC)?  I am getting ready to install this and the headliner and window surrounds for my 3 window cab and it looks like there could be a couple of ways for all of it to fit together.  Quietride sent along directions for the headliner and the window surrounds but not for the rear cab cover kit.  I have contacted them and hope to hear but sometimes another persons experience installing is more valuable.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes it is for the lower panel below the windows. 

Thanks for the pictures stylesadamson.  Do you happen to have one where the corner pieces meet at the back of the door jam?  Specifically there is a slot in the lower piece that looks like the upper piece could fit into but I am not sure.

Thanks

When I received mine the ceiling piece was sown together backwards. The lady there was a witch about it and fought me over and over about there’s no way they made a mistake.

I think it’s a good product but terrible customer service. 

I’m about to make a new headliner for my C-series. I love seeing all these pics to see how other people or suppliers did it. Those look like the same ABS I bought with the GM style leather texture on one side and smooth on the other, then vinyl trim sewn around the edges.  

I guess the quilted patchwork look is how ma mopar did it back in the day with the vinyl wrapped cardboard huh? Super clean job Styles. 

Did you guys insulate behind your panels? 

Good luck Tanda and post up some pics of the process if you can!

you SHOULD be able to get the one piece (vs. Merle's non stock 3 piece) for the rear windows now as I sent them my original to make a pattern.  I've never seen a panel below the windows in any truck I've torn down.  I think it's an nice to have for us modern folk.

Here are some shots of what I am talking about with the notch in the lower piece and the upper piece fitting into it.  Not sure if this is the way it should be done and if anyone has any ideas I am listening - thanks.

I have also put in mats and some insulation.

cab interior pieces.gif

cab interior detail.gif

floor mats.gif

cab insulation.gif

• Like 2

Got an email from Quietride with directions for the lower pieces and it clears up some of the issues. I have attached the PDF file they sent. 

However, the directions show a five window installation and I am doing a three window.  I have asked for help with the three window so hopefully they will get back with me and provide further help.

Dodge 4853 Truck Rear Cab Cover Install[7804].pdf

I insulated my cab much like you did, except that I now have the "fatigue mat" foam over the top of the "bubble insulation" you have in your photo.  I think that is more than enough.  It is insulated, quieter and it is "dark" behind the seat.

When I put the rear covers in my truck.  I had to custom fit the product on the sides and on around the gas tank tube.  Since I am tall, the seat was jammed against them.  Tough to move the seat where I was comfortable and the seat rubbing/hitting the back covers made lots of squeaking noises.  On top of all of that, you could not see them anyway. 

I wound up taking them out and wishing I had saved the money.  They are now sitting somewhere in my garage.

• Thanks 1

Got my seat back from the upholster and I think it looks pretty Fifties. ?

Also got some more information from QuietRide.  The headliner needs to be installed before the corner pieces and the way I slotted it in is the way it will go.  We will see how this works...

I do have to say Kudos to QuietRide for their response and helpfulness.  I have had a good experience with them via email.

seat.gif

• Like 2

Another update.  Got the dome light installed.  Not an original, the prices are way to high, it is from NAPA part number G6151.  I think it looks okay and somewhat period even if it is LED.  It will certianly light up the cab when needed.  I put a simply push button switch mounted under the dash to turn it on and off.

Also got the headliner put up and it is a little bit of a pain.  Had to trim the back and cut some of the stitching to get it to fit.  The back corners will be covered by the upper corner pieces so the cuts will not be visible.  Would have been much easier with another person but...I was able to get it in using some colorful language which I am sure made all the difference.

Put in the center wood supports for the lower back piece as well.  Used 2inch sheet metal screws to secure the wood to the braces and was kinda nervous about the first one.  But I measured right and did not go out the back of cab.

dome light on.gif

headliner 01.gif

headliner 02.gif

wood braces for interior.gif

• Like 1

Got the interior finished.  Couple of notes for installation. 

The lower corner pieces came with wood to put in the corner 15 1/2 inches away from the two wood pieces in the center.  I only used the passenger side as the drivers side with the fuel filler was just too tight.  The notch in the corner piece had to be elongated and the bottom of the corner had to be trimmed to make them fit as well.  I used drywall screws to tighten up where various pieces meet as they would wobble if left alone.

Also installed drivers and passenger sun visors from DCM.  I did need to drill out the mounting holes in the brackets as they were way to tight for the screws but otherwise they went in well.

Happy with the product and glad my interior is in - one more step closer.  Now I can go on a month long camping trip feeling good.

interior lower back 01.gif

interior pass side detail.gif

seat drivers side.gif

sunvisor drivers side.gif

sunvisor pass side.gif

• Like 2