C-clamps for cross and yoke u-joint.

MarcDeSoto

I'm trying to install my drive shaft back on my 48 DeSoto, and found that I don't have the C-clamps.  They don't come in U-joint kits and parts sellers don't carry them.  I went to NAPA and they had many of these C-clamps.  I don't know if they fit though.  So I'm going to take my U=joint to them to see if they have one that will fit.  Does anyone know if today's c-clamps will fit my 48 DeSoto?  Marc                   U-Joint1946-50DeSotoWithDeltaWingandClampandDeSotoChryslerDrilledLowWing947550.JPG.d9c938ad09de3ac8add7315458c47a3d.JPG.7288f7f9ee81a6bf61ade6795dfb63cb.JPG

these clamps come in two different sizes....the smaller and intermediate size cross joints of modern application share a common end cap though the cross width is a bit different on the intermediate...the larger Spicer joint is a bit bigger bearing size and even larger width....of first concern to see if a modern cross will fit is the bearing cap, do your measurements....  NOW if you have the smaller on one cross and the larger on the other, get our straps and joints accordingly...they are called conversion joints....originally offered by NEAPCO but may be found in other brands today.  get the specs online for Spicer 1310, 1330 and 1350 series u joints and remember you can mix and match these series as you see fit with the proper conversion joint...