How do stock headliners work?

If I have it right they are vinyl wrapped cardboard and snap up in place, then the rear surround and over door panels snap in to the sheetmetal and cover the gaps?

questions:

Which direction does the main headliner panel curve? A rainbow from side to side, or front to back? Can’t be both right? Looks like maybe front to back then the over window panels just clip in on the bottom edge then wedge up and set/reinforce the headliner curve?

Does it push into the clips over the windshield then snap into the back and sides at the same time? Held in by tension or clips thru holes or both?

Are the A pillar covers part of the main headliner or separate? 

944FC77A-465D-4AD2-A634-4A58DBDAEBE4.jpeg

Edited by Radarsonwheels

Your C-series cab may be a little different than mine, but the headliner I got from Quiet Rides is ABS plastic. It was 4 pieces sewn together. The side panels were already attached. The front slipped in over the top of the windshield header and it attached to the rear window header. The lower panel, around the back windows, then attaches over the top of the headliner. My rear panels were 3 pieces, but Quiet Rides now provides it in a single panel. I believe they now also have a lower section to cover behind the seat.

P2080916.JPG

P2220950.JPG

P2220951.JPG

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

If I have it right they are vinyl wrapped cardboard and snap up in place, then the rear surround and over door panels snap in to the sheetmetal and cover the gaps?

questions:

Which direction does the main headliner panel curve? A rainbow from side to side, or front to back? Can’t be both right? Looks like maybe front to back then the over window panels just clip in on the bottom edge then wedge up and set/reinforce the headliner curve?

Does it push into the clips over the windshield then snap into the back and sides at the same time? Held in by tension or clips thru holes or both?

Are the A pillar covers part of the main headliner or separate? 

My truck has an aftermarket interior set that is textured plastic rather than cardboard.  It tucks into the channels above the visors and in the rear.  It had push clips in the four holes on each side above the doors and a single sheet metal screw to the bracket in the overhead.  That's all that held it in.  My truck is a 5 window and the rear panel and pillars are a single piece that is separate from the headliner.  It also clips in with the tension clips.  It's obvious where they go when you look at it - there's 1/4" holes where the clips snap in.

*EDIT*

Mine looks just like Merle's except it's an atrocious 1970s style light blue...  In the process of painting/dying it all a nice vintage brown like it should be.

Edited by Old CWO
  • Like 1