In storage til September

pflaming

I really shouldn’t show my unkempt shop, but it will change when we return in late August. I crammed it all together to get both vehicles in the shop. Upon my return, the shop will get a massive cleaning and reorganization so that the 18, space wall to wall is clear. Then I will have ample working room and a two car shop.

My right knee is giving out, so I have a last minute appointment with my orthopedic surgeon to get some relief.  We leave this afternoon for the Bay Area, tomorrow we fly to Indianapolis, then on the 24th on to Maine. My body needs a long rest then finish it all this fall. 

Cheers Paul

7056B1B3-0887-4C1D-8E72-88599897C1A1.jpeg

• Like 2

I will use this thread for our summers events. 

Sad day today. An inebriated driver turned east bound onto the two lane west bound Hwy, possibly thinking she was on a two lane road. Within a half a mile a west bound driver pulled out to overtake a semi and the two cars collided head on, alongside the truck. One person died at the scene, others were flown to hospitals.

After sitting for an hour, we turned onto  a farmers field road and using farm road knowledge, we circumvented the scene and returned to the freeway half a mile beyond the scene. Traffic was still stalled as we drove away. I read that June 17 is historically the deadliest day. Of the year on our nations highways. There were two other fatal accidents in a 50 mile circle of that accident today. 

We fly at at noon today to Indianapolis. 

Edited by pflaming

In Indianapolis, IN. Nice Chevrolet Fleetline on the street. I do not care for the flames, the fender skirts, nor the slamming. JMHO. 

Heavy rain this afternoon, so refreshing. 

5D5595BA-F672-464D-A40E-C720DD90FB45.jpeg

Edited by pflaming

Thank's for sharing, Paul. That air trike is going to be one hell of a pucker factor ride. It needs a load of bricks that can be dropped and drug like an anchor. A museum like no other. If this place is close to where your staying, is your family going to see much of you for the next 2 months? Keep exploring, I love it. I'm sure you'll find the Dodges, and old junk yards of other relic's.     

That Ford has the  "Marmon-Herrington" conversion done to it. They did all early Ford and Military 4WD conversions.

The early Fords did use a Marmon-Herrington set-up. That's a 41. I didn't know how early they were used. A friend had a 4x4 49 Ford with a rocket 88. Back in 1970.

Edited by 9 foot box
spelling

We were given a personal tour of this greenhouse. 37 acres under roof. Owner said the very wet spring has kept the buyers home, so sales are far behind. About only half of the corn has been planted. 

35283F75-50AB-480D-8964-2717ED35D011.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

our last day in Indianapolis I stumbled on a stair step and severely overextended my bad knee tendon, so it has been a VERY inactive time. In Thursday the 26th I’m meeting Mark Duggan at his garage. Wel will go from there to a car cruise,  to dinner from there, then back to Bath.

I am slowly clearing an RV site for next summer. I do a little each day, to protect my knee.

will fly home August 1.