Dual Carb fuel line set-up detail needs

Thomba48

Hi. I am all set. Well almost. The intake I have, two carter b&b carbs, filters and linkage. Plus gaskets etc.

I am now just missing the fuel line, all connectors and three way link. Here comes my question: What exactly will I need? The thing, I need to get it all from the US. And what I do not have, I don't have when I get started ?

• Steel brake lines I was being told - what width?
  • How many connectors? What type?
  • I believe on three way link?
  • Anything else?

thanks for your update.

9 hours ago, Thomba48 said:

Hi. I am all set. Well almost. The intake I have, two carter b&b carbs, filters and linkage. Plus gaskets etc.

I am now just missing the fuel line, all connectors and three way link. Here comes my question: What exactly will I need? The thing, I need to get it all from the US. And what I do not have, I don't have when I get started ?

• Steel brake lines I was being told - what width?
  • How many connectors? What type?
  • I believe on three way link?
  • Anything else?

thanks for your update.

I'm running dual stock Carters with a George Asche split intake and exhaust manifolds. I used soft copper for some of the lines and Cunifer copper nickel brake line  for the rest because it is super flexible and won't corrode. Don't remember what the size was - 5/16" or 3/8", but someone else will chime in.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Riding said:

I'm running dual stock Carters with a George Asche split intake and exhaust manifolds. I used soft copper for some of the lines and Cunifer copper nickel brake line  for the rest because it is super flexible and won't corrode. Don't remember what the size was - 5/16" or 3/8", but someone else will chime in.

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

Also George Asche linkages.The Carter BBs (either D6H1, or D6H2 carbs, I can't remember) got sent to be rebuilt at a reputable shop down in the L.A. area. After the split exhaust manifolds  the shop recombined the pipe into a larger single tail pipe, as the woodie doesn't have room for twin pipes due to the stock gas tank location. I tuned them using a vacuum gauge and they work really well. Acceleration and top end are both good, and I get 14-16 mpg. There wasn't enough room for 2 stock oil bath air cleaners, so I contacted the local Crosley club, purchased two rusty but usable Crosley oil bath air cleaners (which to me look remarkably like the Dodge truck dual cleaners for the Pilothouse trucks, which are now like hen's teeth). I cut the bottoms off 2 stock cleaners and welded them onto the Crosleys as the openings were too small for the Plymouth. 

• Like 2

Look to your own home country for fuel T's or Y's given the approach you wish to take.....Porsche, VW just to name a couple that were factory equipped with dual carbs.  I see no reason for any of this to have to come from the US given your have your carb inlets.  As for clamps and hoses....these are also available in metric in your country (6, 8, 10 mm)  that is equivalent to SAE and also I recommend that you use the specific sized fuel injection style clamps on each hose connection as they will not cut the rubber hose and installed they are most attractive (neat in appearance) compared to stupid looking worm drive clamp..it is a plus if you have the compression fittings but they are not necessary.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1