53 1/2 ton transmission leak

My 4 speed was a fresh rebuild with all new seals and such and it wept day 2 after filling.  I Think sometimes it's the way the truck gods want to keep the rust at bay on these old boys.

Did you use Permatex 2 or similar on both sides of the gasket before installation? Another trick is to apply a small bead around the the outer edge of an oil seal before installation. On splined yokes etc I apply Permatex#2 on the splines before Installation as gear oil can work it’s way through the splines and leak through the washer and retaining nut. Half the fun is trying to have a 100% leak free vehicle. LOL.

Had the same issue with my 52 B3B 3 speed transmission, shafts were leaking/weeping at both ends(front and back).  For the back I made a cover(brass "box" soldered together) and rubber gasket.  For the front I made a shim/gasket that covered the entire mating surface of the trans to flywheel housing from 5 mil brass shim stock, the brass extends below the mating surface to cover the area where the shaft is uncovered, during assembly a used some RTV in the area of the shaft.   No leaks, yet...

transmission cup.jpg

transmission shim-gasket.jpg

• Like 2