lug nuts for stock 1948 Plymouth rims

patterson

hi,

i put a 8 1/4 axle in my 1948 plymouth and use the stock rims.

The studs are 1/2-20 thread but what angle do i need? 45° or 60°.

By looking at the old lug bolts... it should be 45° but i am not sure.

Maybe someone has a link to a topic where I can read this.

Thanks Patterson

Maybe we get it wrong here.

I just need to know: are the original rims from 1948 for 45° or 60° bolts/nuts?

Because i have seen 45° and 60° bolts/nuts.

I was told the axle is out of 69 Charger Small Block but who knows and the studs are the same on both sites, no left-hand thread.

So you say they are 60° right?

And sorry here in germany we have no big box stores and we take it very carefully here ?

greetings

original wheels used 60* bolts...you should be able to verify this with the removal and gauging of a front lug bolt........ Sorry, did not take note that you were across the pond.....shopping there for US models is about as painful as some of the parts I am trying to find for my European cars....as for both sides being right hand thread even better....!

spent two years in Germany...what town, maybe I passed through your area way back when...I was in Augsburg....beautiful town and surrounding area.  Bavaria was full of adventure.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Thank you!

That helps a lot.

I am from Berlin/Brandenburg, we have a few Stores and Pages but more for GM related stuff, old Mopars are pretty rare.

it would be boring if it was not difficult.

Edited by patterson

did not make it to the northern section, Frankfurt was where I processed into the country....we were not able to venture out and about during the processing event....when I left that facility I was on a bus to Augsburg.....nice cool but clear night arriving Augsburg about 3AM....Got some sleep, up at 7AM...blanket of snow on the ground.  This was Easter Sunday 1973, welcome to Bavaria.  

Plymouthy...........you must be as old as dirt.........hang on.......so am I.............lol............btw whats snow?.........andyd

• 3 years later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

did not make it to the northern section, Frankfurt was where I processed into the country....we were not able to venture out and about during the processing event....when I left that facility I was on a bus to Augsburg.....nice cool but clear night arriving Augsburg about 3AM....Got some sleep, up at 7AM...blanket of snow on the ground.  This was Easter Sunday 1973, welcome to Bavaria.  

I was born in Frankfurt in the early 60's. Dad? ?

• Haha 2