Door lock removal

Micci G

I purchased my 48 Plymouth last summer, as I have and continue to repair and replace many items on the car, most of which have been done, I need to remove the door lock cylinders and have them re-keyed as the last owner did not have the keys to the locks. everything works, I just have no way of locking the doors. Anyone know how to remove the lock cylinders ? 

if you look on the door flange level with the lock you will find a set screw which holds the lock cylinder in place,

be careful, if you strip out the slot, you will have to drill this out.  soak first, good luck.

Good luck, on mine these were rusted badly and impossible to remove.  The driver side I ended up drilling, passenger side I am soaking it daily with PB Blaster for a few days to see if that helps loosen it up first.

Call around a few local locksmiths, ask who's good at really old locks, you might be able to find someone who can work with it still in the car.  He won't be able to re-key it while in the car, but he may be able to make a key for it.