didn't take long

Plymouthy Adams

for us to go into full blown summer heat.....I had to run north out of town for a week. was pleasant here when I left, little nippy couple morning in the mountains, come home to a heatwave.....oh well Texas Caviar chilling in the fridge and 7 salmon steaks marinating for smoking...these makes excellent summer snacks in the cool of the AC....plenty of ice water in the fridge.   If you folks doing heavy stuff in the heat, take care of the temps, stay hydrated.

We are into the low 90’s F this week. I thought about taking my ‘53 out. Thought twice and decided not to. It does alright but I need to change the 13 quarts of oil. The last climb home is a workout. Last night the wind picked up considerably.  Cool bug-free gusts brought the house temps down nicely. 

Edited by keithb7

7 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Would have been happy to do so.  Wettest May ever here. 8+ inches of rain.

Now I know where our rain went....... we're over 8 inches behind. Haven't had rain for over three weeks, temps in the upper 90's, except for last Wednesday, when it was 101. We've set records for heat and lack of water. However, last night, we finally had a thundershower come thru. Very welcome. ?

Hasn't even reached 70 at our place in northern Maine, yet.  Close last Saturday - 68 here, couple other places got to 70.  Mt. Katahdin (central Maine) still has snow on it.  All normal.  Normal rain...normal *&%#! bugs. 

Edited by Dan Hiebert

15 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Now I know where our rain went....... we're over 8 inches behind. Haven't had rain for over three weeks, temps in the upper 90's, except for last Wednesday, when it was 101. We've set records for heat and lack of water. However, last night, we finally had a thundershower come thru. Very welcome. ?

Seems to rain every other day or so.  Have to cut the lawn twice a week now. The weather people are predicting a cooler wetter summer here.

20 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

bugs...….……..eat more garlic...….!   tell me, you have AB blood type

A "natural remedy" that actually works, but you have to eat so much it keeps people away, too....not that that's such a bad thing sometimes.  The more pungent the better, because the worse you smell (presumably to the bugs), the better.  You can wash the bug repellant off, but you're stuck with...and I'll use my wife's description here...smelling like a little old Italian man :cool:…(she's Italian).

2 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

A "natural remedy" that actually works, but you have to eat so much it keeps people away, too....not that that's such a bad thing sometimes.  The more pungent the better, because the worse you smell (presumably to the bugs), the better.  You can wash the bug repellant off, but you're stuck with...and I'll use my wife's description here...smelling like a little old Italian man :cool:…(she's Italian).

Another missionary couple in northwestern Brazil (the Amazon) where we lived wore "garlic necklaces" as a natural mosquito repellent.  It actually absorbs through the skin - you don't even have to eat it.