Kick panel backing recommendation

Cold Blue

I have new kick panels for my 48. The originals were shot. There was no backing behind the old kick panels; was there supposed to be some kind of backing under them originally? If there should be something behind them, what does everyone put behind them now? Some of that stick-on foil-faced sound deadener? Recommendations/advice appreciated!!

I have never seen sound deadner on a 1946-52 Plymouth or Dodge.

On the same years NewYorker on up models they use a 1" thick Jute sound deadner on the Kick panels.

It makes a huge difference in quieting road and chassis noise.

I have used "Dynamat" in restoration jobs. It's a quality product. There are cheaper brands too.

I use carpet jute on my own cars if needed as I like the factory look and I think it is better..

1 hour ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I have never seen sound deadner on a 1946-52 Plymouth or Dodge.

On the same years NewYorker on up models they use a 1" thick Jute sound deadner on the Kick panels.

It makes a huge difference in quieting road and chassis noise.

I have used "Dynamat" in restoration jobs. It's a quality product. There are cheaper brands too.

I use carpet jute on my own cars if needed as I like the factory look and I think it is better..

Thanks Dodge. I think I will go with the carpet jute. By the way, how did you attach it to the vertical surface to hold it in place? Some 3M weatherstripping adhesive?