Clutch pedal removal on P-22

leadheavy52

Does anyone have any insight into how I would go about removing the clutch pedal on my 1952 Suburban? I have unbolted the plate that holds the pedal assembly to the outer side of the frame and can slide it out a bit, but what stops is it the linkage hangar on the inner side of the frame. I have attached a picture where it is circled in red. I checked to see if there is a clip there that prevents it from coming off, but could not locate one in the years of road grime. I could probably get a better look at it if I removed the MC, but do not want to go that route until it become dire. I do have the FSM and could not find my answer there.

Thanks,

Austin

IMG_7831.jpg

remove the master cylinder and then remove the nut on the clutch pedal arm  there is a tapered pin which can be driven out with a punch,  remove the grease fitting and slide the pedal arm off its shaft.  the shaft will then slide out towards the middle of the car.  

3 hours ago, dpollo said:

remove the master cylinder and then remove the nut on the clutch pedal arm  there is a tapered pin which can be driven out with a punch,  remove the grease fitting and slide the pedal arm off its shaft.  the shaft will then slide out towards the middle of the car.  

Thank you! I will give this a go tomorrow. Bummer to have to remove the MC, but it’s likely due for a rebuild anyways. 

Edited by leadheavy52

only three bolts hold the MC in place.  It may be the easiest part of the job.