Merrily We Roll Along

linus6948

My excavator buddy left his paving machine and one of his road rollers by me over the weekend, I borrowed the roller and rolled all my gravel road and graveled yard areas making everything nice and flat. When I finished my wife said you should get one of those for us to keep here and to use on a regular basis. Never before has my wife suggested I buy a piece of iron so I ran with the ball and bought my friends machine within the hour. We now own a 1995 Ingersol Rand D22 three ton roller with dual vibrating drums in excellent condition.

20190527_192447.2jpg.jpg

20190527_192502.2jpg.jpg

Edited by linus6948
  • Like 1

They can also be fun to use? At least occasionally. Maybe Not so much if it was a full time job.

Do the rollers have water added to them as needed?

Enjoy your roller!  ? Also a flat driving area.

DJ

• Thanks 1

No the weight is 5685+ lbs all metal weight, there is a water tank on the back and a pump and nozzles to keep the drums wet for rolling asphalt. But for rolling gravel no water is required so I won`t be using the water spray feature too often. The flat compacted gravel surface is a pleasure to walk and drive on as opposed to the walking on marbles feel of loose gravel under foot.

Edited by linus6948
  • Like 1

Folks around here, and the last place we lived (western NY) use those every spring to roll their lawns in the spring, too. (Usually contracted, not many homeowners have their own.)  The permafrost pushes stuff up, and the snow puffs up the top of the soil, the roller pushes it all back down.  Makes for a nice lawn, and around here the ground is really rocky and you risk ruining your mower blade(s) the first mow of the season if you don't roll your lawn.  The ones you pull behind your lawn tractor are more often than not, not heavy enough for most of the ground in these parts.