E-Z POWER HYDRALIC BRAKE BOOSTER

JOHN EDGE

Anyone have experience with these vintage kits to improve and assist brake performance

The company that was the successor to Midland Ross stopped making them a couple of years back as a key part they got from a supplier stopped.  I LOVE this MR remote power brake boosters.

I first had them in my 1964 Chrysler 300K Ram Induction Convertible. The left AFB was in the way so Chrysler stuck on of the BR units under the front left fender. Fun to work on after 30 years of crap splashing on it!

I got one from them for use in the 4 wheel disc brake conversion I did not the 1949 Desoto Convertible. I used the ECI kit on the front and I custom made the disc conversion for the rear.  I used the stock master cylinder and the Midland Ross Unit.  I put it in the trunk up on the shelf.  I used a stainless steel oven pan and mounted it in that so that any leak would be contained.  I also moved the stop light switch to there so I can get at it very easy.

The car stops too good. Reminiscent of the late 1950's early 1960's Chrysler cars.  You can hit your head on the dash if you stop to hard!

These same units were also used on the Ford Thunderbird. The Thunderbird parts guys still sell them. For how long who knows.

I do take some precautions however on the single master system. First, I use a remote fill to keep an eye on it and to increase the volume so I can get 2 or 3 pushed if there is a leak instead of one before all the fluid is gone. I also use Russell racing DOT stainless braded hoses at the wheels.  Lastly, I NEVER install a MC or wheel cylinder without inspecting all the rubber in it. I have had brand new ones be bad.  

James.

p_00094.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve got one of these units and plan on installing it on my 52 suburban

everything is either new or rebuilt in the brake system with a remote fill reservoir 

looked at the remote vacuum brake booster but they recommend I use two boosters 

one front and one rear. Seemed like a lot of hardware   Hoping someone out their had some experience with the E-Z power booster but I’ll update my experience with the effectiveness of this system

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JOHN EDGE said:

I’ve got one of these units and plan on installing it on my 52 suburban

everything is either new or rebuilt in the brake system with a remote fill reservoir 

looked at the remote vacuum brake booster but they recommend I use two boosters 

one front and one rear. Seemed like a lot of hardware   Hoping someone out their had some experience with the E-Z power booster but I’ll update my experience with the effectiveness of this system

Yes let us know. I'm also interested to know how it works, if I ever find one for sale.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever get the E-Z Hydraulic Power Brake unit installed? How did it work? I have a new one in the box and was considering installing it on my 53 Suburban. Have gone through the entire brake system and am ready to fill and bleed it. Probably should install the E-Z unit before filling everything up and bleeding.

1955-57 T-Birds used a small booster like the one above.

I used one in my 52 Dodge PU.