Back to the 50's 2019

It was a great weekend.  The weather decided to behave and we had a great Friday and Saturday, Sunday was pretty much a washout as it was POURING rain when I was ready to leave so we just drove by daily and hit up the swap meet.  Good times seeing old friends, making new ones and having a fun.  Below is a pic of the line up and of my drive in on Saturday...I downsized them so they'd load, if anyone would like a higher res version let me know.

20190622_170507.jpg

20190622_051917.jpg

• Like 4

Someday I’ll get back down there, I just hated trailering all that way, and a few bad memories from the past trip have kinda kept me and wife from really getting the urge to go back, but one of these years I’ll make the journey....hopefully tho in a 440 powered swept line

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

It was a great weekend.  The weather decided to behave and we had a great Friday and Saturday, Sunday was pretty much a washout as it was POURING rain when I was ready to leave so we just drove by daily and hit up the swap meet.  Good times seeing old friends, making new ones and having a fun.  Below is a pic of the line up and of my drive in on Saturday...I downsized them so they'd load, if anyone would like a higher res version let me know.

20190622_170507.jpg

20190622_051917.jpg

My truck is going to be part of that lineup next year?

• Like 3

Beautiful, beautiful trucks my friends......nice work getting them all together for a family picture!

48D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Todd B said:

Now I am pissed I did not take my semi this year 

Yeah, Me too! ? ?

• Like 1

What a great weekend! As mentioned the weather cooperated for the show. 

We had a blast and are very grateful to our Minnesota hosts! (also grateful to our Wisconsin electrician.)

I do enjoy the “fly overs”

So weird, looks like we were missing another green one ton for this group photo (MIKE!) ?

1D67F861-8792-480C-BA5C-D6D59E432428.jpeg.14f9a85c11fccdd8ebf50d01cc003a0c.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

Does the Route Van live in MN? I didn't realize how tall those things were.... 

Yep, Joe is a MN guy.

Swung thru “Whitehall” MT. Yesterday on our way back home and met up with “9’ box”

D823E353-7C71-458D-AA2E-79D16F6EC0C0.jpeg.ab764ae14b7110901aea2b63f7f04b47.jpeg

I am consistently blown away on the generosity and hospitality of our forum members!

should be home tonight.... our BTT50’s trip is over 

what a BLAST! 

• Like 4

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. My first member meet. If I do a Pacific Northwest trip, I'll find Beaver Creek. Was the burnt truck still on the pass? It look's like he was pulling a camper and a fairly large sail boat from Florida and the pickup ignited somehow. It was a Dodge. I'll post the picture from today's newspaper, when I'm on my PC. Did you stop at that Cheney exit?  I found another picture.

truck fire.jpg

truck fire 2.jpg

Edited by 9 foot box
more info
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, 9 foot box said:

.... Was the burnt truck still on the pass? It look's like he was pulling a camper and a fairly large sail boat from Florida and the pickup ignited somehow. It was a Dodge. I'll post the picture from today's newspaper, when I'm on my PC. Did you stop at that Cheney exit? 

Wow, no, the truck was gone and the  highway was open again....so we just drove on. 

Found this truck at a restaurant (patio decor) in Coeur d’ Alane ID ?

EF61C163-811F-4E80-99A8-EFF63011E7C4.jpeg.924cf3e35edcebee00fc073e894346d1.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like that Diesel guy found his limit pulling too long and too big of load.

Gotta a diesel ....it'll pull anything? don't think so..

There are limits...be safe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Wow, no, the truck was gone and the  highway was open again....so we just drove on. 

Found this truck at a restaurant (patio decor) in Coeur d’ Alane ID ?

EF61C163-811F-4E80-99A8-EFF63011E7C4.jpeg.924cf3e35edcebee00fc073e894346d1.jpeg

if I ever go for another truck thats my goal right there. 53 pickup I've I'm going to be even pickier blue and black like the one we had before

• Like 1