Mysterious Brackets

chrysler1941

Yep..

Tie downs... I had a chrysler with them on it.

My car frame does have these holes.  It's possible that most dealerships (or the shipping companies?) usually removed these brackets at the end of the shipping route.  My car is an Oklahoma car, and I know from stories my dad told that someone in the western Oklahoma community where he grew up had some sort of connection with someone in the factory in Detroit, and he would take the train up there & buy two new cars at a time.  (It was right after the war, and there was a shortage of new cars, so there was a waiting list at the dealerships.)  Then he would tow one of them with the other, then sell them when he got home.  People were desperate enough for new cars that they didn't care about the miles already on the odometer.  So what I'm saying is that even some cars sold a good distance from the manufacturing points were not necessarily ever transported by train.  (Actually, in the early to mid 60's my dad worked for a dealership that would send a bunch of guys up to Kansas City or someplace, and they'd drive a bunch of used cars back down to Tulsa.  Used cars, but also not shipped by train or truck.)

• Like 1