3.9. engine swap

dr47

Thanks ,Plymouth Adams for reply i talked to you few years back ,when i  swapped  in 302 aod in my 47 plymouth  i think may have sent some pictures of when i stubbed  the front end and put a jag front  suspension, under it ,my question is when swapping i n 239 v6  with auto trans , do i need the hole wiring harness   from the Dakota to make it run or is there a after market harness to simplify  this, Thank you

at this time only know one guy that WAS doing modification of the harness for the earlier OBD1 as it is simpler, there is a company that will do the OBD2 for you also but at the price of his mod...I would never entertain the cost.  Mopar is doing retro for the current hemi crate engines but again, the cost is off the wall.  The ECM usually will have different color wires from year to year for the same circuit but often the pin out is the same.  Same goes for model to model same year.  (van verse truck)  Ensure you get the correct factory wiring charts for the donor application to prevent problems.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not to sure if Painless has wiring looms for the late model Mopar ECM applications. I put a '98 GM 5.7 V8 with a 4L60 AOD into a '64 C-10. We used a Painless wiring harness for the engine/trans using the stock GM ECM.. Had to have the ECM "flashed" to eliminate the codes we did not need and to match the gearing ratio/tire size to the ECM.. Worked good.