roof rack

MarkAubuchon

I have not seen one specifically advertised for the P15, but there are many out there that can be adapted to this roof line.  I suggest looking at some of the import station wagons of 70-mid 80's as I find these not only close in size but often one that can be altered to fit easily.   And as always, peruse E-bay, lets you know what is out there for the most part. You can use Universal roof rack or vintage roof rack as searches...don't just limit yourself to this forum...be proactive...find one that suits your eye

I found this from- you guessed it - a 1960's Volvo wagon! I like it because it looks like something Chrysler could have manufactured for it's post war cars and wagons. It was on eBay.

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6897.jpeg

• Like 1

Sometime in the late 60's my Dad bought an old luggage carrier that we used on the 62 Chrysler.  It had the rubber cups, then a plywood floor, and a canvas "tent" that you could collapse to store.  It had straps to tie it down to the rain gutter, and I remember that I bought some sort of clips in an army-navy surplus store to replace the missing ones, so maybe it was already the early 70's.  I used it once in around 82, then it was stored in the attic of the garage until last summer, when we were clearing out our parents' home.  My older brother took it, so maybe he'll use it someday.  Anyway, it was old already when Dad bought it, so maybe it would have been old enough to have been from the 40's, I don't know.  I would want to use one that attached like that, though, rather than one that required drilling holes through the roof.