Bubbling Gas

Finally got my B3JA Dump Truck back together, bled the brakes and took it down the road.  Got back, lifted the hood to check everything & noticed the fuel in the inline see-thru filter was boiling while it was still running.  Shut it down, bubbling subsided some, but still bubbling.  Any thoughts?  Should there be a heat shield between the fuel line coming off the fuel pump under the exhaust manifold?  If so, what does it look like & can I just fab one?  Thanks in Advance.

Do you have the usual heat shield on your fuel pump ?  When you touch the fuel lines are they hot ? Some guys have re-routed their lines away from the exhaust manifold ... as much as they can anyway . Others have wrapped their lines with insulation or covered the lines with rubber tubes .  

• Like 1

If it only does it when running, it may not be heat related.  Actually, most heat caused issues get worse when the gas is no longer moving.

I'd check the line from the tank to the pump for air leaks.  It is possible that a small leak can be sending air from the pump upward, causing bubbles in the gas.

• Like 4

If you have the stock fuel pump then you need a heat shield. You can either make one or buy one. They are essential when using these modern fuels. It is hot here in Socal. I ended up removing the stock pump and running a full time electric pump. I also made a shield that fits between the carby and the manifolds. Pretty much solved fuel issues I was having. With these newer fuel formulas and the way the manifolds are on these engines you may have to deviate a bit from the stock installation to solve this.

Jeff

• Like 1