Does this mount look right?

I went under the Meadowbrook today to take care of the fuel pump gasket and while I was there I was tightening any loose bolts. I looked at  the mount, or what I assumed was the mount, on the transmission and saw this strange gap under it. There is a shaft going through the gap but I have never stopped to look at the mounting areas for the engine and transmission. Is this how they are supposed to look?

B48BD054-7445-4FC8-87E1-5B2893DE9E50.jpeg

68995A05-66DA-413B-9309-302C8378D422.jpeg

Edited by 51_Meadowbrook
Added pictures

The mount should be seated flush to the cross member frame.

To fix you need to remove the mount bolt........then  jack the bell housing up a bit....insert the mount correctly into the frame cross member.

This as long as the mount is not damaged and the lower part of the mount is there too.

11 hours ago, 51_Meadowbrook said:

EB7072D4-0056-4CB2-8569-6B67ADA5B2E4.jpeg

Maybe there's a jack stand or block under there someplace that I can't see, but if my wife saw me working under a car without one, she'd kill me.  (Then I wouldn't have to die from being crushed from a car falling on me.  Actually, even then she worries.)

Edited by Eneto-55

9 hours ago, Eneto-55 said:

Maybe there's a jack stand or block under there someplace that I can't see, but if my wife saw me working under a car without one, she'd kill me.  (Then I wouldn't have to die from being crushed from a car falling on me.  Actually, even then she worries.)

I had the same thought when viewing that pic.  There are no vehicles near me with just a jack under them, not even for a minute.  The urge to 'do just a little bit' may cause one to do something very dangerous.  My neighbor's 17yo son was killed years ago working under a '57 chevy, WITH jack stands. 

Rear wheels on the ground, standard shift, in gear , front on stands, battery connected.  Removing starter when the wrench shorted the battery terminal to the s terminal on the solenoid.

EVERYONE..... BE ..... CAREFUL

Edited by kencombs
  • Like 1

We got distracted from the actual question but to squash the fear yes there is a jack stand right next to the jack. The jack is there as an added safety in case something was to happen and the jack stand shifted. 

12 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

The mount should be seated flush to the cross member frame.

To fix you need to remove the mount bolt........then  jack the bell housing up a bit....insert the mount correctly into the frame cross member.

This as long as the mount is not damaged and the lower part of the mount is there too.

How is the whole assembly supposed to look? This is the first time I’ve ever stopped to look at that mount. Did the rubber come loose from that shaft and that’s why it looks like that?

Don't know if the dodge uses the thick lower rubber insulator...

Chrysler Big Rear Mounts (2).JPG

Motor Mounts Chrysler and Plymouth (4).JPG