Drag link/ tie rods for 1938 Plymouth sedan

38 plymouth

Hello i’ve got a project I’m working on, it’s a 1938 Plymouth ( all original). The car is now running and driving but has a bad shake to it(not the brakes). I believe I need a new drag link and tie rod ends . My question here is where is the best place to buy these parts ,  help would be much appreciated, thanks 

Welcome to the forum. Free play in drag link and tie rod ends can be easily diagnosed by holding a joint and letting someone turn steering wheel side to side, so do this test before ordering spares. Worn kingpins and wheel bearings could also promote wheel shimmy. Raise front wheel and check for free play by shaking wheel up and down and side to side.  But loose front suspension only amplifies rather than causes wheel vibration caused by tire that is out of shape or balance, so this in #1 thing to look at..

Thanks the the tip I’ll double check those but I’ve gone though it pretty good and have found a lot of play in my drag link, and an dead give away was at some point someone tied wire around the a ball joint on the drag link so no matter what I wound still like to change. Probably get away with just replace the ball joint on it, just need to know best place to find one, thanks

Wire around the drag link doesn't sound like a hi tech fix.....lol........I'd be replacing the drag link tierods and any others in the system....try Andy Bernbaums.