25 inch head

Dustin

I bought my plaza as a driver but she had a little tick so I decided to pull her and she needs valves seats, so I bought a complete running motor today only problem is it's a 25in head the old one was a 23. Will I be able to get it in with new holes?

If you mean install in the car I have read it is possible and others who have done  it can elaborate. The extra length does require the radiator to be moved in front of the header I believe.  

A thread on this from AACA site:

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/187109-straight-6-engine-swap-23-to-25/

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

My understanding is that anything that goes ALONG the engine is specific to the 23 or 25 engine.........intake& exhaust manifolds, sump, pistons, rods, crank, water tube, cam & head do not swap........the water pump, maybe oil pump, timing chain and gears maybe, not sure about the dissy, possibily the crank pulley and maybe starter.............andyd  

I will have to modify the pan drastically the original sump is mid engine the new motor is rear sump. Good news is I'm a fabricator by trade bad news is industrial pipe not vehicle. But I think my start will be to remove the steering linkages and dry fit the 25 inch in place to see exactly what mods I will need. I'm almost positive I will have to go with electric fans in front of radiator for clearance.