replacement axle shaft '48 P15

Sam Buchanan

The threads on one of the rear axles on my '48 P15 have suffered considerable abuse and are pretty thin. Where would be a good place to look for a replacement axle shaft or can a machine shop weld and rethread the axle? Anyone have experience with a similar situation? 

Edited by Sam Buchanan

All 1937-48 MoPar six cars use that same axle...very common axle... someone has a good one.

Op.  Pm me for phone number.  .  I live in nc.  Currently up in va taking care of mom but have a 37 dodge in the shop here.  Dont need the rear axle and hoping to get time to grab it for parting out.  Shop is moving and i asked them to hold it so i can pick up...we have to work out the details but it should still be waiting for me as they are still moving the restorations to the new building. You are welcome to some or all of it for the cost of your gas to come to nc and pick it up.  Its complete hub to hub and 4.1 to 1 ratio.  Not sure what fits what but thats just a research issue. We can chat details on the phone. 

Edited by Sharps40

4 hours ago, Sharps40 said:

Op.  Pm me for phone number.  .  I live in nc.  Currently up in va taking care of mom but have a 37 dodge in the shop here.  Dont need the rear axle and hoping to get time to grab it for parting out.  Shop is moving and i asked them to hold it so i can pick up...we have to work out the details but it should still be waiting for me as they are still moving the restorations to the new building. You are welcome to some or all of it for the cost of your gas to come to nc and pick it up.  Its complete hub to hub and 4.1 to 1 ratio.  Not sure what fits what but thats just a research issue. We can chat details on the phone. 

Thank you for the offer, Sharps, I'll keep it in mind if I need to pursue it.