Carb linkage

Ashleyschaeffer

Finally got the p-25 running good again when I snapped something in the throttle linkage. The peddle stuck to the floor and looks like two brackets on the linkage separated. Looks as if that square peg had a head on it that snapped. Looked through my manual and could not find a diagram. Anxious to get it back on the road.

20190509_204326.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-204219_Gallery.jpg

Can it be spot tacked? I can't tell a lot by the photo but if the square peg on the shaft is not grabbing the square hole in the throttle linkage, I believe a hot tack with a MIG welder would fix it. 

as it is a rectangle fixed position shaft and belcrank, you may be able to drill the shaft, tap and fix it in place with a screw and washer...it just typically needs to hold this in a position not to fall off….you may drill just a shallow hole. back the back side against something solid and then swage the hole to fit tightly again.

brazing it will fix the problem also...given you have the shaft out or find a means to sink the heat in the brazing process....this is torch operation...you can super clean and solder or silver solder, what ever you have on hand and best suited at doing.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams