1951 fargo dashpot carburetor?

Hello again,

My 1951 fargo project came with a carter ball and ball carb with mechanical dashpot.

I have manual steering column shift transmission my question is will the carburetor function with the dashpot plunger removed?

it is damaged and i have removed it entirely, my rebuild kit did not include the leather boot required to repair it.

thank you.

As far as I know the dashpot just helps with a slower return to idle? Mine ran fine without it but I’ll tell anybody who’ll listen that a repop weber 32/36 from the stovebolt site was one of the best upgrades I did on my 230. It started, warmed up, and ran like a new car

9 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

As far as I know the dashpot just helps with a slower return to idle? Mine ran fine without it but I’ll tell anybody who’ll listen that a repop weber 32/36 from the stovebolt site was one of the best upgrades I did on my 230. It started, warmed up, and ran like a new car

Interesting ill have to look into that.

Just remove the plunger and operating link .... good to go if that's your goal not to fix it right.

It's just a fluid damper... no fluids to leak.

But whats damaged on it? As mentioned parts are available.

4 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Just remove the plunger and operating link .... good to go if that's your goal not to fix it right.

It's just a fluid damper... no fluids to leak.

But whats damaged on it? As mentioned parts are available.

Thanks this was the reassurance i was searching for 

The leather boot on plunger is gone and ive removed it